Re: [ifwp] Re: Proposal for a new ORSC/DNSO project

On 04-Dec-98 Kent Crispin wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 05:58:02PM -0800, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>> >Absolutely.  Iperdome has no more right to the name that AT&T.
>> >
>> >CORE has no more right to .web than IOD does, which is to say, none.
>>
>> Well, this is where we're going to have to agree to disagree, and
>> see what ICANN does with the situation, presuming that they get
>> that far.
>>
>> And, of course, hope that this gets worked out fairly and stays out
>> of court.
>
> It will end up fairly, just like it did before; and it will probably
> still end up in court, just like it did before; and the result will
> be roughly the same.

I doubt it.  CORE has no more claim to .web than IOD did.  IANA was not
authorized by  NSF to delegate any of these.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 03-Dec-98 / Time: 18:45:36