RE: Death of a Registry

On 03-Dec-98 Robert Raisch wrote:
> William Walsh wrote:
>
>> Monolith proved that a low budget registry can work and provide
>> reliable and quality service.  This is an example that we all
>> should learn from.
>
> and
>
>> Their passing, for internal organizational issues mainly...
>
> Umm... it was a success and now it is out of business.  Sorry, but that
> doesn't make sense to me.  If it was a success, its founders would have
> found some means to keep it in business, rather than simply pulling the plug
> on 200,000 customers.

There were serious organizational problems at the top, and there is some
conflict with those who wrote the code for the projects not wanting the code
passed on to others for them to capitalize on.

William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
william@tjns.tj/william@nic.tj| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
Date: 02-Dec-98 / Time: 18:11:51