RE: Death of a Registry

I believe the William's report said that organizational problems were the
culprit. not lack  of cash.

At 08:48 PM 12/2/98 -0500, Robert Raisch wrote:
>William Walsh wrote:
>
>> Monolith proved that a low budget registry can work and provide
>> reliable and quality service.  This is an example that we all
>> should learn from.
>
>and
>
>> Their passing, for internal organizational issues mainly...
>
>Umm... it was a success and now it is out of business.  Sorry, but that
>doesn't make sense to me.  If it was a success, its founders would have
>found some means to keep it in business, rather than simply pulling the plug
>on 200,000 customers.
>
>--
>Rob Raisch, Online Technology Evangelist <http://www.raisch.com/>
>
>"He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because
>he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god."
>(Aristotle, 'Politics')

Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993)
e-mail: <mailto:rmeyer@mhsc.com>rmeyer@mhsc.com
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: staff<http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com