Re: Definition (was Constituencies)

Elisabeth, Joop and all,

Elisabeth PORTENEUVE wrote:

> > If businesses equate with the Domain Name Owners,
>
> I do not think that anybody can claim to be an *owner* of
> an Internet Domain Name.
> Bussinesses (Trademarks or not) *use* an Internet Domain Name
> for making bussiness (selling goods or services or whatsoever),
> and need it to be distinguished from others.
> This is similar to individuals, who do not own their
> Firt or Last name, but are using it: I do not *own* Elisabeth.

  Owner ship is implied in Virtual Property laws in the US Legal system.It is
also implied to some extent in US Trademark law.  For instance,
IBM has IBM.COM and IBM.NET as a registered trademark.  In the
.COM and .NET name spaces, IBM effectively OWNS those two
domain names, as no one else could use those two domain names
without inviting a legal suit and loosing.

> I think we should use right definitions.
>
> Regards,
> Elisabeth Porteneuve

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com