Re: [ifwp] DNSO (was Report from...)

Bret and all,

  You have made an excellent suggestion and to an extent is included
in the "DNSO" of  http://www.dnso.org/ In their Draft-3 located at
http://www.dnso.org/docs/draft2-3-final.html.  However it is important to
to point out that in this Draft-3 final, as they call it, there are TWO (2)
classes of membership.

To Wit from Draft-3 final:
"There are two fundamental classes of membership in the DNSO --
     supporting members, and general members.  The qualifications for
     membership are set forth in Appendix A to this application, entitled
     "QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE DOMAIN NAME SUPPORTING
     ORGANIZATION".

       [Comment: The "general membership" is generally equivalent to the
       previous meaning of "names council"; the "supporting membership" is
       the membership as defined in the previous draft.  The term
       "supporting membership" is intended to be suggestive of the idea
       that these members have heavier dues assessments.] "

discussions as to the management of this "DNSO" would supposedly be
in part managed through as a communication facility.

  However your suggestion Bret, is one that hopefully this "DNSO" will
take into serious consideration on an equal basis for ALL members
of any such Supporting Organization within the ICANN structure.