[comments-whois]

[comments-whois] Re: [ga] WHOIS INTERIM REPORT OPEN for PUBLIC COMMENT

Dear Task Force,

while reading your Interim Report, I noticed inside it the following summary
of my previous comments:

>·        August 28, 2002: Comments of Vittorio Bertola
>
>Could not access the comments.  The attached document was encrypted in Bin-Hex format which my computer was unable to decrypt.

Unfortunately, no one from the Task Force ever contacted me to check what
happened to the file, or ask to resubmit my comments in a different format.
Moreover, I had also sent the comments to the GA list in plain text format:

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc10/msg03717.html

While I understand that members of the Task Force are busy and occupied in
lots of other activities, and that they don't necessarily read all the posts
on the GA list, and that in the future I should limit myself to plain text
rather than Word documents, it is a little frustrating to spend some hours
in reviewing and commenting a document only to discover after two months
that your comments were never even opened - especially when the lack of
participation in policy-making processes by members of the user community is
often used as an instrument to justify the ongoing reduction of their weight
inside ICANN.

I hope that you will now be able to load the aforementioned URL in your
browser and give a chance to my comments too (and to any updated comments
which I may submit in the next days).

Thanks,
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------