No Subject

     Bell Atlantic Corporation is pleased to support the "Sunrise Plus
     Twenty" proposal recently put forward by the Intellectual Property
     Contitutuency in connection with the possible introduction of new
     gTLDs. Bell Atlantic has been at the forefront of the cyberpiracy
     battles, facing over 1000 domain name infringements of its marks a
     year in the existing gTLD name space.  We have been a long standing
     and active participant in the ICANN process and participated in the
     negotiations that lead to this compromise.  We believe that the
     protections outlined in the Sunrise proposal will give trademark
     owners a prospective remedy to register their valuable trademarks on a
     priority basis and cut down on cybersquatting activities that are so
     damaging to the growth of electronic commerce.