[comments-gtlds] How can ccTLDs be independent and under ICANN ?

@@@@ http://www.centr.org/constpage/elections/dennis.html

"I believe that ccTLDs should be independent and I will
continue to fight for the independence of ccTLDs to
run their affairs in the best interests of the community they serve."

How can ccTLDs be independent and under ICANN ?

@@@@@ http://www.centr.org/constpage/minutes/adcommins130799.html

"Kilnam thinks this subject requires more work,
to prevent automatic rollover of gTLD dispute policies to ccTLDs"

I was under the impression that ICANN policies will
apply to ALL TLDs. Isn't that why the TLDs are flocking
to ICANN for their support ?

Jim Fleming