[comments-gtlds] RE: New level TLD considered

I followed the Cairo conference and was not surprised that the majority of
time and energy was spent on new TLD's.  Yet no action was taken even tho I
believe that this consideration was worthy of comment prior to Cairo
convening.
Now, I understand that the meeting in Japan; that new TLD's will be a
priority.

I have seen while surfing the net that many companies are establishing their
own TLD by resetting computers.   This is a futile effort and illogics what
the internet was intended to do, to mainstream lines of communication.

I was aware of ICANN's involvement in attempting to activate dot WEB but it
was in effect, halted due to court involvement even if ICANN themselves
believed that dot WEB was and is an excellent choice for a real top level
domain name extension.
I have interviewed and questioned users on an informal basis and they all
agreed that among the choices given for a TLD, that dot WEB was their first
recommendation.
I would like ICANN's committee on the newly considered TLD to include:

                    .WEB as an extension.

I have been reading posts indicating .banc as a consideration but be
concerned that most internet subscribers, that not all of us, if hardly any,
have use for dot banc.
I understand that the ICANN committee works very hard at trying to be
inclusive to a large and  diverse community and for this I admire your task
and your consideration.  It is very difficult to be inclusive to everyone and
everything but ICANN is attempting to please all routes of the world
regardless of diversity and in further consideration of economics.

Again, please understand that the registry of dot web is well run and my
understanding that they are set up for immediate dissemination of this TLD
network.  I am a subscriber of dot web, com and net; and I hope that my
subscription to these registries has an opportunity to run as described.  I
do not entertain at any time to recreate the wheel but now we need to test
drive this vehicle and get others going.

Sincerely,
Marlys Whiteagle
5806 Julia Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53705 USA