[comments-gtlds] DotWeb Registry

I have long ago registered .web names with Image Online Design on the basis of the promise from IANA to them that they could go active on the root servers a couple of years ago. While I applaud the concept of the running of the Internet by people other than the US government, it seems to me the ICANN should inherit not only the vast potential of the Internet names and numbers, along with it's role as governing agency, but also the responsibilities. It occurs to me that Image Online Design has depended on a belief in fair play on the part of any governing agency in innovating and taking risks, such innovation and risks that will eventually benefit not just me, but anyone who needs a simple, memorable domain name.
I recognize my implicit bias, but believe my comments stand on their own regardless of their origin.
It seems to me that it would be to the benefit of ICANN and the internet community to play fair now, so that other innovators in the future will believe that they also will be treated fairly.
Thank you,

Phil James
www.juvenilelaw.net