[comments-admin] Re: Multiple TLD registrations coming home to roost

Dean Robb wrote:

> Yesterday I heard an interesting commercial on the radio.  It was for a
> regional bank, announcing their new online banking service component.  What
> caught my attention was their address:  www.bankname.ORG.  Yes, that's
> .ORG.  For a business.

Selling .ORG registrations to businesses is one of the most unfair
and inexcusable betrayals of the Internet that NSI has perpetrated.
It is also a blatant violation of the RFCs. NSI must either cancel
all commercial registrations in .ORG, or ICANN must create a new TLD
exclusively for non-commercial entites.

Amidst all the loud clamoring of trademarks and famous names for
protection, we the legitimate non-commercial organizations are
having our TLD (not to mention our SLDs) sold out from under us.

The hypocrisy of these craven and despicable ICANNers is without
limit.

Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927