[tor-udrp]

RE: [tor-udrp] Re: UDRP Review Task Force

Milton I am in complete agreement.

-----Original Message-----
From: Milton Mueller [mailto:Mueller@syr.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:43 PM
To: Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr; CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com
Cc: tor-udrp@dnso.org
Subject: [tor-udrp] Re: UDRP Review Task Force

Elisabeth:
I'm a great believer in flexibility, but we adopted a specific set of
guidelines as to how this Task Force would be constituted.

We can't accept 4 members from one constituency without having
similar openness to other constituencies. The NCDNHC in
particular has a very global membership and had problems
narrowing it down to one.

If it raises "diplomatic" problems for YOU to pick one of the four,
imagine how WE feel. And of course we have no more knowledge
of the individuals, probably less, than your own constituency.

I can't speak for Caroline but if you want us to decide, I would
suggest that we pick one of the four based on the geographic
representativeness of the TF as a whole. You can make it clear to the
other three that they can consult among themselves and develop a
position jointly. But for voting and official participation purposes,
we need to have one.

>>> Elisabeth Porteneuve <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr> 08/15/01
04:21PM >>>

Caroline,

I have no competencies to decide, not to mention how difficult
it could be for diplomatic reasons.

My first suggestion would be, even if it is against the ToR at
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.NC-tor-UDRP-Review-Evaluation.html
to take all candidates (or at least 3 for 3 coutries), which would
create you a genuine worldwide group. I noted that Stuart Lynn
did proceed this way when the NC suggested him more candidates
than requested to the new TLD Presidential TF.

My second suggestion is to let you decide, and fit your perspective.

The last one would be to ask all 4 candidates to work collectively with
you, and have one speaking on behalf of 4 working together. However
this may be quite irrealistic for people who apparently do not know
themselves, and may not necessarily form a working team.

Please let me know,
Elisabeth