Re: [registrars] WG-B Idea - Thumbs up or Thumbs down

I'm not sure what this would accomplish.  Would a potential domain name
registration be published for the 30 day wait period in order for a
trademark owner to oppose?  And then what?  The UDRP kicks in?  If this is
the case, then I would suggest no wait period...just let the trademark
owner use the UDRP system already in place.  No company will be damaged in
any manner by trademark infringement for the relatively short period of
time that UDRP takes (and remember, the mere registration of a domain name
does not constitute infringement...actually setting up a website and
selling soda pop using "cocacola.newTLD" does...unless you're Coca
Cola).  If this is the case, and for the other reasons already expressed,
our vote is "thumbs down".

Best regards,

Jeff

--
Jeff Field, Founder                        jfield@namesecure.com
NameSecure.com, Inc.                       http://www.namesecure.com

NameSecure.com - Providing Internet Identity Essentials