[registrars] Bulk access to Whois data

Have any other operational registrars noticed that certain companies
are automatically pulling huge sections from the whois servers for
marketing purposes without paying for bulk access to the whois data?
This is in violation of our rights as registrars to charge for bulk
access to our own data.

Is anyone else as concerned about this as I am?  Furthermore, can
anyone mention whether they've pursued legal action against these
marketers?  Quite frankly, I'm considering it, since it's an express
violation of our posted whois data terms of use and a considerable
loss of income for all registrars.

-Bryan

Bryan Evans
Director of Technology