[registrars] NSI hacked?

I haven't seen anything mainstream on this and I wouldn't normally bring
it up, but the whois output bothers me so here goes...

Check out http://filmforce.ign.com/news/781.html for complete details, but
as I read it, NSI was somehow "hacked" recently and some names were
"hijacked". The reason that this bothers me is that the whois output for
the affected names is different at the registrar and registry levels. Does
this mean that a) the RRP may have been compromised? or b) that they used
the registry to quickly fix the problem while they addressed the larger
issue? or c) that this is just a false story and I shouldn't worry about
it?

Thanks,

-RWR

Ross Wm. Rader                     http://www.domaindirect.com
Director, Assigned Names Division       http://www.opensrs.org
TUCOWS.com Inc.                     http://www.domainwatch.com
ross@tucows.com                    http://www.domainsurfer.com
t. (416) 531-2697 x 335                      f. (416) 531-5584
----------------"Because-People-Need-Names"-------------------