Re: [registrars] Teleconference & Stuff

At 22:05 27-02-2000 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>I hope on having a telephone bridge provided for the Cairo meeting for those
>registrars that will not be able to attend.

Dear Michael:

I would appreciate that.

>With regard to the NC voting, I am working with Ken and Erica to tabulate
>the votes and will post the results sometime Monday

Michael, I have seen no posting on my point that I think seven days should
be an absolute minimum and that no conditions should permit a shorter time.

Your ballot was drawn up without any prior communications with the
members.  It was, as far as I can see, the work of one person.  If you feel
it necessary, I'll make a motion to that effect and get it seconded.

I think any vote on that issue is inappropriate as the ballot, as draw, did
not allow sufficient options.  Persons could vote on option 1 without
realizing your caveat "However, this default time period can be amended
depending upon the circumstances given proper/adequate notice."

Let's make this Constituency more democratic.

Regards, BobC

Issue #1: (Place an X in the appropriate [ ] )
Amend the by-laws to call for a standard seven (7) day voting period on all
substantive issues. However, this default time period can be amended
depending upon the circumstances given proper/adequate notice.

[ ] Yes - adopt a seven (7) default voting period.
[ ] No  - adopt a different default voting period
[ ] No - have no default voting periods.