[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [registrars] SLA - Decision Time
Domain Bank supports option 1. (adopt in current form
I would like to thank those registrars in the SLA group
for their work in helping to create this 1st standards
based benchmark for the registry.
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael D. Palage <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 3:22 PM
Subject: [registrars] SLA - Decision Time
> I would like feedback on the following issue. The SLA Task Force working
> conjunction with NSI "the registry" drafted a SLA which was circulated
> the list a few weeks back. After the initial circulation there was some
> concerns raised by a couple of registrars that this agreement was not
> adequate enough. The crossroads which we are now at requires us to either
> accept this SLA with the current built in re-negotiation periods at the
> initial 6 month mark and then annually thereafter, or forego any SLA until
> such time that more accurate metrixs can be defined.
> Your choices:
> (1) Adopted the SLA in its current form with a re-evaluation at a 6 month
> Pros: We have something to start with as opposed to nothing; the majority
> the Task Force thought it was an acceptable first try with the condition
> that it be revisited at the designated periods of time
> Cons: Once you establish a benchmark it will be difficult to raise the
> (2) Enter into no agreement until further comparative metrixs can be
> Pros: It will allow for a more accurate measurement of what the SLA should
> be. A significant amount of consumer complaints have involved
> SRS downtime and other performance issues
> Cons: There will be no SLA in place to hold NSI accountable.
> (3) Abstain
> If you could respond as quickly as possible I would greatly appreciate it.
> P.S. I will be circulating a draft agenda item for the Cairo meeting
> shortly. Any topics that people would like to see addressed please forward
> them to me.