Re: [registrars] Working Group C Question

"is correct" that that is what is needed, or that people think so?  And
aren't the specific ones a subset of the generic ones, in some form?

Esther

At 09:10 am 01/10/2000 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>Hello fellow registrars.
>
>I have a quick question that I would like to ask the constituency in
>connection with Working Group C. One of the issues in Working Group C is
>what type of top-level domains to add: generic (.web, .firm, .biz, .info,
>etc.) or charter/content specific top-level domains (.travel, .medical,
>.law, etc.). The charter/content specific top-level domains would have
>prerequisite criteria before registering in that gTLD. The people that I
>have spoken with seem to believe that both types of top-level domains are
>needed, and that both must be included in any type of test-bed period. Is
>correct?
>

>Mike

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --  1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

PC Forum: 12 to 15 March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.1: A design for living in the digital age"
High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 2000 - probably Barcelona