Re: [registrars] [Fwd: [council] Reminder about DNSO constituency deadlines on geographic diversity]

At 15:22 28-12-1999 +0900, Richard Lindsay wrote:
>Fellow Registrars,
>
>Failing a last minute change to the ICANN bylaws (not likely!) as of
>the 15th of January, we will have only one elected NC representative.
>Since I am an American citizen, I am not able to represent the Asia
>Pacific region.

Dear Richard and ICANN:

I think it's ridiculous for ICANN to let the GAC thumb their nose at ICANN
-- and still ICANN stick to this ridiculous "rule".

I have clearly shown that they were out of their head, out to lunch, or
controlled by their hidden agendas.  The essential item is for the NC
member to be knowledgeable about the Internet in the region they
represent.  Citizenship is only secondary to knowing the territory.

Would we put up with a citizen of one of the myriad nations in the AP
region -- who lived outside the region?  Certainly now.  Could we be just
as well served by a resident of the region who is not a citizen here?  Why not?

The music man had a number about that, "But he doesn't know the territory".

Something must be done to get this travesty of justice reversed.  Here were
the only Constituency which is supporting ICANN and we get this sort of
stuff from them;-{

BobC