[registrars] DNSO fees and constituency dues

Fellow Registrars,

This issue came up in Los Angeles, but we haven't addressed it
yet fully.  As many of you know, each constituency was asked
to commit $5,000 for webcasting and connectivity costs for the
DNSO to date.  We did not address exactly how to come up with
these funds yet though.

I would like to propose that the Registrar Constituency set up
membership fees in order to fund required DNSO costs, and to
facilitate meetings in the future (i.e. arrange for teleconference
connectivity, pay for the constituency teleconferences etc.)  How
would the members feel about annual dues of $500 to $1000?
I realize there has been some debate regarding registrars paying
the lions share of the ICANN budget, and being required to support
the DNSO budget as well, but the DNSO budget is considered
separate of the ICANN budget.

Anyway, I can speak for my company that we would not have
any problems with annual dues (as most organizations do) but
how does the rest of the membership feel about this?

Best regards,
Richard
--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated