Re: [registrars] Formulation of Agenda for LA meeting

Gentlemen,

How about a little Registrar business.  I was going to post
this to the list, but then reconsidered, and wanted to bounce
this off you gentlemen first.  Any comments? (it is late, I
may be illogical...)

About the funding issue.  I agree that we will quite likely  be
paying the large bulk of ICANN funding, and we should be able
to set some of that aside to cover our Constituency costs.

I had an idea that may make sense just for now.  Currently
many testbed registrars are voluntarily contributing to ICANN
$1.00 per domain per year, usually $2.00 per new registration.
Since this is now voluntary, what if we designate that this
money be used to offset DNSO costs, in particular our portion
of the webcasting costs.  interQ is planning on writing out
a check (figuratively) to ICANN, why not say "for DNSO cost
allocation?"

I don't know, what do you think?  Do you want to present this
to the membership?

Richard