From: Richard Forman <rforman@register.com>
To: Info Avenue <iamarketing@infoave.net>; Amadeu Abril i Abril
<Amadeu@nominalia.com>
Cc: <registrars@dnso.org>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 1999 9:28 PM
Subject: RE: [registrars] ICANN Task Force on Funding Update

 While the $1.00 fee seemed to make a lot of sense when it was first
proposed, it has become a lightning rod for politicians and critics of
ICANN.  There seems to be strong consensus within ICANN that the $1.00 fee
is no longer desirable.  Also, from my time on Capitol Hill, congressmen and
senators will have a field day if the "per domain name" charge comes back
again.

 Richard Forman
 President &  CEO
 Register.com, Inc.