Re: [registrars] Is it a promotion or a spam. I sure don't know.

BobC, et al:

This is definitely spam, but it's hardly news. We all knew this was coming,
and, in fact, we all will probably adopt similar policies in one form or
another. It's really the best way to eliminate cybersquatting, if you think
about it.

The issue here, I believe, is that NSI is reaching out with this spam to
all those who have registered domain names in the past because it has the
ability to while the rest of us don't.

I would classify that as taking unfair advantage of its position AGAIN. Are
all registrars going to have a chance to send broadcast email to every
domain owner on the planet when we get hooked up to the database sometime
this century? I would doubt it.

This is yet another example of NSI's wanton abuse of the power granted it
as a government contractor, and more evidence of the need to get registrars
up and running as soon as possible.

Thoughts, anyone?

Jeff Shrewsbury
Info Avenue Internet Services