[registrars] [NSITestBed] Draft Exhibit B to th...

In a message dated 8/6/99 10:25:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kstubbs@dninet.net writes:

<<  1) Instances when the requested of
 > > change of Registrar should be denied include, but are not limited to,
 when
 > > domain name is the subject of:
 > >
 > > * Litigation
 > > * Trademark/domain name dispute, if the Registrar's dispute policy has
 > > been invoked
 > > * Bankruptcy
 > > * Dispute over the identity of the registrant >>

AOL and register.com will be circulating a new draft dispute policy based on
input we've received the past two weeks, including at WIPO's meeting last
week.

One inconsistency between the "transfer" provision copied above and the
approach that will be reflected in the new draft dispute policy is the
restriction on transfers between registrars during the pendency of a domain
name dispute.  The new policy takes the view that a transfer should be
allowed so long as the gaining registrar's policy is clear that the
transferred domain name continues to be subject to the pending dispute under
the losing registrar's policy.

In other words, there should be minimal limitations on transferability
between registrars, so long as the ability to transfer can't be used to game
the system.

Jim