Re: [registrars] ICANN funding & registrars

Thank you thank you!!!  Two thank yous for two dollars!

We appreciate the support, and we will do our best to earn it!

Esther

At 10:41 AM 23/07/99 +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>Esther and fellow registrars,
>
>Nominalia will keep providing the $1 per domain/year in a voluntary basis
>despite the recent US Department of Commerce's position. Even if we could
>devise other sources of funding for the future, we are committed to support
>ICANN's critical work in the meantime.
>
>In this regard,we have already instructed CORE, the Testbed registrar through
>which we are regsitering .com, .org & .net domains since July 9, to send to
>ICANN $2 per domain already registered, and will keep doing so until such time
>as a complete and workable alternative financial structure will be in place.
>
>Best regards
>
>Amadeu Abril i Abril
>Legal & Policy Advisor
>Nominalia Internet S.L.			http://www.nominalia.com
>ICANN Accredited Registrar
>CORE Member #01					http://www.corenic.org

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"