[registrars] Re: [registrar] Fw: [NSITestBed] Registration Activity by Registrars

I don't know about the rest of you, but I would only expect that each
Registrar makes it their business to know what their competitors are up to.
I am very comfortable with the level of competitive intelligence that we
have at our disposal, but I would be a fool to think that we are alone in
gathering and using this information to our advantage. For instance, I
received a report on Tuesday that outlined exactly what NSI's traffic to
each part of their web site was; how many came to their front door, how many
did name searchs and exactly how many registered and payed for their names
in the month of May. The detail was granular enough that specific registrant
information and day to day volumes were available.

I could be wrong, but I think that there are battles that need to be fought
and won - this may not be one of them. For instance, I would be much more
willing to lobby for a complete accounting analysis of NSI's $9 cost
structure and explore the potential registrar/registry subsidies that likely
exist currently with them.

However, I might be missing the boat on this one...

-RWR