RE: [registrars] Xfer of SLD sponsorship/ EU Investigation/ Minutes of Teleconference

Dear All,

I agree with Ken here. As I tried to point out at the telephone conference today there shouldn't be any particular technical difference for the registry to change registrar in comparision to changing DNS for a registered domain.

Maybe I've missed the point somewhere but what is the actual security issue about transferring a registered domain name to another registrar? We will all have signed agreements that we won't breach lightly. Isn't it much worse if domain contacts or DNS is changed without authorization form the holder? Registrar can easily be switched back while changing DNS can result in denial of service or even worse hijacking of mail and other services.

IMHO transfers should be handled in the same way as the other data in the registry's and registrar's databases (exept from certain owner data). This goes with the fees involved as well. Otherwise it will certainly be an adequate competition advantage to NSI.

Regards,

Per-Anders, Port Information System