Re: [registrars] Elections and ICANN & NSI Contract

At 12:50 15-06-99 +0900, Richard Lindsay wrote:
>Amadeu et all,
>
>Regardless of how the voting goes (allowing multiple votes
>from the same geographic region) I feel very strongly that
>we should stick with the geographic diversity rules.  There
>are a lot of issues involved, some of which are out of our
>hands, but the diversity objective is one that ICANN, I believe,
>has to stick to.

Dear Richard:

Certainly we are in agreement on that point.  You will remember that when
Louis suggested that it was not mandatory, we voted to retain the diversity
rule, even though it had been declared "optional".

This ISP matter should be considered by the ISP Constituency.

Regards, BobC