[registrars] Elections and ICANN & NSI Contract

To: Constituency
From: Michael D. Palage, Interim Secretariat
Ref: Nominations/Elections/ICANN&NSI Contract

First, a list of those companies and their designated representative
eligible to vote.  To date 26 out of the 43 companies eligible to join this
constituency have elected to do so.

InfoNetworks			Michael D. Palage
AT&T				Maryann McCormick
Interdomain			Teresa Sobreviela
9NetAve			Frank Gurrera
NetBenefit			Scott McKay
WebTrends			Suzanne Baylor
Domain Bank		Hal Lubsen
Domain Direct		Ross Wm. Rader
ENom				Paul Stahura
Active ISP			Ian Christiansen
Port Information System	Per-Aners Hurtigh
Virtual Internet		Desiree Miloshevic
Verio				Eric Eden
CORE				Ken Stubbs
Internet Domain Registrars	Paul Lum
Melbourne IT			Clive Flory
Register.com			Richard Forman
CASDNS			Jeffrey Smith
Nominalia			Amadeu Abril Abril
Domain Registry.com	Larry Erlich
AllWest Communications	Len Bayles
InterQ				Richard A. S. Lindsay
A Technology Company	Jason Hendeles
NetNames			Ivan Pope
InfoRamp			Janet Rogers
PSI-JAPAN			Robert F. Connelly

Those companies that are eligible but at this point in time have elected not
to join are:

America Online:
France Telecom/Oleane
Alldomains.com
American Domain Name Registry
InfoAvenue
Interactive Telecom Network
MS Intergate
NameSecure.com
Name.Space
RCN
Telepartner
ABACUS America/INC. /A+Net
Advanced Systems Consulting
Marvin Enterprises Inc./Global Knowledge Group
The Name-It Corporation
NetNation Communications
Network Solutions

The nominations for Name Counsel representative are:

GEOGRAPHIC REGION	NOMINEE		COMPANY

Asia Pacific			Richard Lindsay	InterQ
Asia Pacific 			Clive Flory 		Melbourne IT
Asia Pacific			Bob Connelly 	PSI-Japan

North America		Ken Stubbs		CORE
North America		Ross Wm. Rader	Tucows/Domain Direct
North America		Eric Eden		Verio
North America 		Paul Stahura 	eNom
North America 		Richard Forman	Register.com
North America		Len Bayles		AllWest

Europe			Amadeu Abril	Nominalia
Europe			Desiree Miloshevic 	Virtual Internet

Point of Clarification:

The following excerpt was taken from the minutes of the 6-8-99 Registrar
teleconference:

Nominations/elections - ......  There was a discussion on how the Names
Council representatives would be elected as it is was agreed that candidates
would be categorized into geographic regions and each representative would
be allowed to cast one vote per geographic region.  There was an objection
by the Melbourne IT representative that the representative be allowed to
cast their votes for the best candidate regardless of geographical
limitations. ....

One or two people have contacted me because this appears to conflict what
was in the original by-laws.  Please advise.

To date the constituency group has not agreed upon the exact means for
submitting votes so I recommend the following.  Please submit your vote
directly to the Interim Secretariat at mpalage@ipwarehouse.com or
mdp@infonetworks.com . However, because the constituency has not yet spoken
on this issue, I will accept any votes submitted via the list.  For all
votes submitted by the authorized voting representative please clearly
indicate in the reference field "Name Counsel Vote".

For the next teleconference with DOC & ICANN to discuss various contractual
issues how does Thursday morning at 10 or 11 EDT sound? Please notify me
ASAP as to your availability.

After this next teleconference I will have a list of legal issues to
circulate among the constituency group to help prioritize what are concerns
are and what represents the largest barriers to entry in the SLD
registration business.