[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Re: Nomination of Mark Jeftovic

Thanks Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Jeftovic [mailto:markjr@easydns.com]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 12:12 PM
To: Tim Ruiz
Cc: 'Ross Wm. Rader'; 'Rick Wesson'; registrars@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] Re: Nomination of Mark Jeftovic

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Tim Ruiz wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> What is your level of involvement in the operations of CIRA as a
> Director? Given that a number of RC members are .CA registrars, I am
> interested in the level of access you have to information on their
> business dealings with CIRA?

Hi Tim,

As a Director to CIRA we basically approve the budget, direct staff
to undertake a given activity, and approve or reject motions mainly
rooted in policy. We have very little involvement in day-to-day
or operational matters. While we have data about the total number of
registrations under .CA, and their renewal rates, etc, we have no
access to similar data for individual registrars.

There are a lot of registrars on the CIRA Board, most of us having
been elected by the at-large membership (myself included) and
we have done a couple things to ensure the playing field remains
level between registrars on the Board and the rest who aren't:

1) We recently passed a resolution to speed up the publishing of meeting
   minutes so registrars on the board did not possess knowledge germane
   to the others for an undue amount of time.

2) When a something happens that we feel is important enough to warrant,
   we often give the Registrars' Representive Director the go ahead to
   inform all registrars immediately, even before the minutes are
   published.

3) Most of the registrars on the Board (myself included) are mindful
   of potential conflict situations and abstain ourselves or declare
   said conflicts accordingly.

-mark

--
mark jeftovic