[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Moving Forward wrt Whois Issues

> Thanks again for taking the initiative to host another call.

My pleasure.

> However,
> wouldn't it be a good idea to create the list,

Done.

> generate some discussion

Working on it. We've got a few nascent threads started in an exploration of
terminology, solution-space and something else that eludes me at the moment.

> and
> then formulate an agenda before having another call.

We would have it no other way. We're working on a few of the finer points,
but as I mentioned, I will forward the final agenda to the list as soon as
it is ready - most certainly before we have the call.

> Some questions that perhaps TUCOWS could answer to start the "fact
finding"
> ball rolling?

These are good questions Mike - problem is - the scope of the issues are
well-bounded and we've already been through two years of fact finding. The
emerging preference of the participants is to take the bull by the horns and
continue with the productive dialogue that we started last week with an eye
towards specific solutions. As Steve Metalitz from the IPC mentioned on
Monday - we're not going to solve the worlds problems over the next few
weeks - but we can at least stick it out and see what *is* possible.

It is likely that you will see some or most of these questions answered
throughout the forthcoming calls, workshops and meetings - more likely
you'll see specifics as a followup to the document that Tucows released last
week "Navigating the Policy Implications of RFC 954 and Domain Name Whois in
the gTLD Environment" (http://www.tinyurl.com/cit2) If anyone has thoughts
on this doc, I'd love to hear more input.

> once you subscribe me to the new list.

Feel free to join in at your convenience, subscribe instructions were sent
to the registrar list earlier today. In fact, I've just approved ten or so
new participants who responded to my earlier message. Let me know if you're
having problems digging it up and I can forward it to you. I'll probably get
another chance to go through the list-subscribe approve messages late
tomorrow after the day job has settled down.

Thanks again for the note.

Warm regards,

                     -rwr

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org

"The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of
energetic men of good will."
            - J. Arthur Thomson