Time: 10:00am EST
Date: Friday, 05/30/03
Number: 954.797.1944
Access Code: 249534

Thanks again for your participation.

Agenda
--------

10:00 -10:15  Reason we are here/history thus far:
    - Industry perceives an impending train-wreck; customer
concerns/complaints; mining; spam; privacy laws & potential exposure for
registrars; uneven competitive playing field (some registrars concerned
about choosing between compliance with local law and RAA).
    - Not just about registrars/data providers and their customers, this
effects a large portion of the entire community. The community must take
ownership and work to find a solution with the ICANN process., It needs
to be "our" issue.
    - productive input from legitimate stakeholders is necessary to
finally take the ball across the goal line.

10:15-10:30 A view of the problem:
    - Need a "balanced solution" that accomodates customers' interests,
registrars' privacy concerns and needs of legitimate users.
    - Where does this balance lie?

10:30-11:00 Uses and Users
    - Intellectual Property interests engaged in pursuing infringers and
enforcing IP rights
    - Law Enforcement interests engaged in investigative and enforcement
activities have specific and legitimate requirements pertaining to the
access of registration data.  review current scope of registration data,
purpose for collection and consistency with privacy principles.
    - Users have a right to privacy and/or non-disclosure and/or a right to
waive certain privacy protections.
    - The scope of registration data that registrars are obligated to
publish or otherwise make available to third parties may conflict with
privacy laws.
    - What other legitimate needs and conflicts are there that an
implementation will have to accommodate?

11:00 - 11:30 - System Analysis
- What part of the present system isn't working
- What part is
- Of the parts that are not working which should be triaged?
- Which can be left for more and be given a more durable long-term
treatment?
- How can a non-proprietary approach that does not harm or
hinder competition for both long and short term considerations be identified
?
- is the registrar proposal consistent with this?
        - balance the interests of users, providers and consumers
        - protect access to registration data for legitimate users while
protecting privacy.

11:30-12:00 Can we get there from here?
    - Possible steps forward:
        a) agreement on revised scope of registration data that
registrars would make available through publicly available interfaces.
        b) scope of registration data that registrars would make
available through privileged interfaces
        c) what technolology do we have available to us to implement
these policies?

Confirmed attendee's
---------------------
Paul Stahura (eNom)
Michael Brody
Elana Broitman (Register.com)
Brian Cute (Network Solutions)
Thomas Roessler (ALAC)
Thomas Keller (Schlunde)
Ken Stubbs
Margie Milam (MarkMonitor)
Rick Wesson (Alice's Registry)
Michael Palage
Gretchen Olive (CSC)
Rob Hall (Namescout)
Donny Simonton (DirectNIC)
Donna McGehee (BulkRegister)
Tom Dalleva (BulkRegister)
Michael Young (Afilias)
Karl Auerbach (ICANN
Leslie Daigle (VGRS)
Andrew Newton (VGRS)
Tom Barret (Encirca)
Barbara Simons (ACM)
Paul Westley (Internetters)
Robin Layton (NTIA, OIA)
Joyce Lin (007 Domains)
Scott Hemphill (DomainBank)
Chris Kruk (DomainPeople)
Steve Metalitz (IPAA)
Mike Heltzer(INTA)
Tim Denton (TMDenton Consulting)
Robert F. Connelly (PSI-Japan)
Jane Mutimear (Bird & Bird)
Monte Cahn (Moniker)
Tim Ruiz (GoDaddy)
Ruchika Agrawal (EPIC)
George Kirikos (Leap of Faith Financial Services Inc.)
Ray Plzak (ARIN)
Denise Michel (ALAC)
Esther Dyson (ALAC)
Barry Fellman (Signature Domains)