[registrars]

[registrars] ICANNWatch re: Our Telecon

ICANNWatch published a bit today that include some misconceptions about
the purpose of the teleconference - misconceptions that I have heard
repeated elsewhere.

Its important that perceptions of this event match the realities of this
event. I've penned a quick "set the record straight" that you can find
here:

http://www.byte.org/archives/2003/05/28/icannwatch_on_the_whois_telecon.
html

(and also via here: http://tinyurl.com/cv7i )

Excerpted:

"1. Registrars proposed this call and intended that it be open to all
interested parties.
2. The call is not intended to circumvent the potential policy
development process re:WHOIS/privacy that has been identified by the
Council.
3. The call is an informal opportunity for registrars to articulate a
potential model for modified WHOIS data and modified WHOIS access.
4. The call is not intended to resolve or necessarily vet all issues re:
WHOIS/privacy.
5. The dialog on the call could help build toward constructive work in
Montreal.

We have a pretty simple agenda with this issue. "

On a related note, the RSVPs are still coming in, I will publish a
revised list of attendee's that have sent me a note directly later
today. I expect call in details to be available today or early tomorrow
as well.

Thanks,

           -rwr

Ross Wm. Rader