[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Meeting ? Vendors *pitching* ccTLDs to the Registrar Constituency -

Actually rob's suggestion is not bad. I do not mean in the literal
sense, but I believe a significant amount of vendor attention is
focussed on registrars, and I do believe some of that vendor attention
is interesting (besides the free snacks)

I am actually for having a scheduled half day where all registrars
participate in a select set of vendor meetings. We could actually decide
which ones we wanna allow to make the pitches to us. As it is more than
half a day is spent cumulatively over all the days in an unscheduled
fashion by all regstrars independently on randomly focussed sales
pitches. If this were pencilled in as official, or atleast informally
official it would bring in a lot of advantages such as -

* combined feedback and questions

* organised presentation

* if a vendor (such as a cctld) knows there is a groups of us thts gonna
be there they will probably spend more time on their pitch instead of
refining it over several one-on-one sessions

* ability to select jointly, mutually benfeicial and interesting
sessions

* other perks such as goodie bags and coffee/snacks ;)

- hell im sure we could charge them, thus increase the revenue of the
constituency (and lower the membership fees ;) )

bhavin