From: Robert F. Connelly [mailto:rconnell@psi-japan.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 8:02 AM
To: Registrar Constituency
Subject: [registrars] Vendors *pitching* ccTLDs to the Registrar
Constituency

Dear Colleagues:

At the DC meeting, we listened to sales pitches by registries for .cn ,
.tv, .cc, and other ccTLDs during our lunch.

At the close of the meeting, with the time I'd been saving up by not
speaking 2 minutes on a whole bunch of issues, Michael permitted to pitch
this final missive:

Registers must pay their RC dues to vote.

ICANN dues throw a financial burden upon gTLD registrars.

Therefore, ccTLDs that address the RC should pay all past "dues" or
"donations".

I suspect that the combined ccTLDs discussed at today's lunch owe money to
ICANN well in excess of the $2,500 they paid to have our ear during lunch;-(

close quote:

I hope our Excom will keep this thought in mind as other vendors seek our
ear (and pocket book.).

Regards, BobC