[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Whois

> Lets not repeat the 2001 Who's-On-First tour.

Eric - just my opinion (and what isn't) but one of the prime reasons
that prior efforts have failed is because they've occurred outside of
the process. If its not done inside the process, its virtually
impossible to get community support. The place to make DNS policy is
here - not the Hill, not the ITU, etc.

Hopefully we'll all be on that same page someday.

Does anyone know where did the requirements that VGRS gathered ended up?
They might still have some value.

PS - that would be "the 2001 Whois-On-First Tour"

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/