[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Whois

> get out front on this issue.  Mike held a meeting yesterday to discuss bulk
> whois, anonymous regisrations and potential models for providing modified
> access to whois data.  Although IP, law enforcement, privacy advocates and
> certain registrars participated in the meeting (and some constructive
> discussion took place concerning the GNR tiered access model), the RC

Didn't we do this dance back in uwho-time, August, 2001? Three profoundly
silly VGRS-by-invite meetings [1].

The best line that came out of all that was Steven Metalitz claiming that
the meeting was a technical meeting, and that consistency and accuracy
in a distributed set of autonomous databases was a solved problem.

Leslie Daigle, Mark Koster, Bruce Tonkin and I actually didn't throw our
shoes at the man.

Lets not repeat the 2001 Who's-On-First tour.

Eric

[1] http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:ZccuwX4ZYTIJ:www.uwho.verisignlabs.com/Final-WhoIsPanel-Aug15-Resume.pdf+%2Buwho+%2Bverisign&hl=en&ie=UTF-8