[registrars]

[registrars] Backordering/Pre-register expired domains patent

Not sure if anybody who is offering “backordering/pre-registering” of expired domain names has ever found this or not, but somebody already has a patent on the technology.  I got a random email from the owner of the patent today ask if we would be interested in using his patented technology.  After flipping through the patent, I thought everybody should know about it.  US Patent #6442549.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?TERM1=6442549&Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=0&f=S&l=50

Donny Simonton

Intercosmos Media Group dba directNIC.com