[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Request to Deny Multiple Votes/Registrar

--On Saturday, April 26, 2003 3:27 AM -0700 Tim Ruiz <tim@godaddy.com>
wrote:

> I would also prefer that each pay their dues, if dues continue to be
> required. RC meetings, teleconferences, etc. all have costs associated
> with them that are based to some extent on the number of participants. It
> would not be fair to allow some to have multiple participants (except for
> voting) for the same dues as others with only one.

I would have to say that if all the registrars have a common or overlapping
ownership and get only 1 vote (which I think is how it should be) then they
should be liable for only one dues payment.

I was concerned in DC to hear discussion of bringing on staff because that
is usually a prelude to big increases in expense.  Although the dues is
"only" $750.00 this can be a burden to some small companies.  I realize
that there is quite a lot of work and I know we all greatly appreciate that
work, but I wonder if we could find a way to lower the dues? There really
is no good solution.