[registrars]

Re: [registrars] ELECTION FOR ICANN BOARD MEMBERS - SEAT 14

Tim,

Same day as != Some weeks prior to.

I'll just write to personal experience as a party poll watcher, precinct
captain, GOTV coordinator, and candidate.

Some ballots are challenged post poll-closure, some prior-to poll-closure.
Some non-ballots are challenged post poll-closure, some prior-to poll-closure.

In my experience, parties have call centers staffed by election law prepared
lawyers, and challenge both non-ballots (registration declined errors) and
ballots (registration accepted errors, invalid ballots, adverse circumstances,
etc.)

In addition there are absentee ballots, submitted by individuals, municipal
officials (e.g., retirement home balloting), and party workers.

I don't play a lawyer on the net, but I don't think that even the principle
of ordering (registration before balloting) is without exception. Mind, the
actual "vote" isn't legally closed until the Secretary of State certifies
the election results, some days, even weeks, after the polling places closed.

In theory, practice == theory. In practice, practice != theory.

Eric