[registrars]

[registrars] Fraud Registrations!

I know this might be kind of old but going back to Fraudalent registrations.

During January and February we saw a huge increase in Fraudalent
transactions. The advantage of being a small registrar is that its easier to
monitor these kind of things.

Sombody or someone out of Vietnam started Registering domain names for 1 or
2 years in defferent accounts, different names and contact info. We tried
contacting these persons and all were non existent. Registrations were made
with US cards or International cards.

We proceeded to delete these accounts, most of them anyway. He managed to
get away with about 10 - 13 registrations, most under different accounts.
After deleting the accounts, the person would come back the next day and
register the same domain under a different registrant, they kept doing this
for about 3 weeks in a row, for every different name we deleted they would
come back and try it again 4 or 5 days in a row. I guess it was a joke to
them, all the time using different credit cards.

Finally it seems they have gone away. Searching through some of the names
they tried to register and we managed to delete in time, we found that they
went to a different registrar to register them, im almost 100% sure that the
Registrars will be getting chargebacks soon. By the way, we have already
received chargebacks for most of the registrations that this person pulled
through us. Here are some examples, all these names use a DNS server that he
managed to register through us:

Domain Name: CHEAPVIETNAM.NET
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

Domain Name: CHEAPVIETNAM.COM
Registrar: NETBENEFIT PLC AKA NETNAMES

Domain Name: TUYENMINH.COM
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

Domain Name: MINHTUYEN.NET
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

Domain Name: ANNINHMANG.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.

Domain Name: GV12A7.COM
Registrar: SPOT DOMAIN LLC DBA DOMAINSITE.COM

I believe we should try and figure out a way to be able to delete these
registrations and get credit of some sort. These persons pulled 10 - 13
chargebacks on us during one and a half months, how many names do we have to
sell to make up for chargeback fees?

Patricio Valdes
Parava Networks