[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Deletes Task Force Intial Report

I formally move that we vote on the Deletes Task Force report using the
following ballot:

The GNSO Council's Deletes Task Force has issued its initial report.
This report addresses issues related to registrar and registry deletion
practices and makes three recommendations. The result of this vote will
be the basis for building an official constituency position statement in
response to the report.

[] I support the recommendations in the Deletes Task Force report;
[] I support the recommendations in the Deletes Task Force report with
the addition of recommendations to modify the registry auto-renew
process and to reinstate the 5-day grace period after deletion of a
domain name and prior to it entering the Redemption Grace Period, both
as discussed at the recent joint Registrar-Registry Constituency meeting
held in Washington DC;
[] I cannot support the recommendations in the Deletes Task Force
report;
[] Abstain.

A supporting document will be listed under Referenced Items, and will
read as follows:

Modified registry auto-renew process:

On the day of expiration the domain enters the auto-renew grace period
(currently 45 days). The expiration date is NOT advanced. The registrar
is NOT charged.

On the last day of the auto-renew grace period, if the domain has not
been explicitly deleted or explicitly renewed, the expiration date is
advanced one year and the registrar is charged for the renewal.

Reinstating the 5-day pending grace period:

Domains deleted at any time other than during the Add Grace Period enter
a 5-day pending delete grace period (currently missing) after which the
domain is then placed in the Redemption Grace Period.

Discussion? Second?

Tim