[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Fw: WHOIS & Transfers reports

>Mini-storage owner wouldn't give the car, because the asking party
>is a unknown person. In domain industry, the asking party is a known
>entity bound by agreements. This entity must be trusted. If they are
>not trustworthy, ICANN must eliminate them.

The mini-storage operator is bound by some pretty clear laws and
regulations, call them agreements if you will, agreed to when they chose to
begin operations.

The point is that there is currently no enforcement. When there are problems
we are pretty much left to fend for ourselves and work it out with the other
registrar. Sometimes that goes well, sometimes it doesn't. There is also
nothing in our RAA or RRA that will protect us from being held liable if a
registrant chooses to pursue us in the event of a fraudulent transfer.
Hence, it is a matter of trust involving a competitor, or call it an entity
if you like, the result is the same.

Tim