[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Fw: WHOIS & Transfers reports

At 07:30 PM 2/27/03 +1100, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
>I am not a lawyer, but I would be surprised if there is a law that
>requires a person to contact their previous supplier of a service, simply
>because they have chosen to transfer their business to another
>supplier.  I would expect the previous supplier to be able to check if
>this was the customer intent, and if so, find out why they chose another
>supplier.

Good point, there is a well established system in North America to permit
the telephone subscriber to negotiation with the gaining telephone
company.  There are safeguards to prevent slamming.

The Joker.com system is like the Iraqi scientists being interviewed by the
inspectors with a monitor present;-(

Regards, BobC