[registrars]

[registrars] REDEMPTION GRACE PERIOD - confusion

Hi,

I just read a document on verisign about RGP which has further confused
me. The portion which is confusing is the statement below -

5. PendingDelete Status
If a domain name remains in the RedemptionPeriod status for the full 30
calendar days, it will then be moved to PendingDelete status.

The PendingDelete status lasts 5 calendar days. At the conclusion of the
5 calendar day PendingDelete period, the domain name will be deleted in
the standard delete batch job within VeriSign Registry.

that this 5 day pending delete period was now CONVERTED to a 30 day RGP.
But the statement abv states that the 5 day pending delete period still
exists and occurs after the 30 day RGP, making it a total of 35 days
after deletion that the domain is unavailable

Also I remember that the 5 day pending delete period used to allow
registrars to call the registry up and request for restoration of a
domain name if there was a mistake. Would that still continue to be the
case??

I may be mistaken about this, or may be missing something out .....

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO & Chairman
Directi