[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Credit Card Proposal

Hi michael,

Please read my previous post. This still does not help those situations
where fraudsters register multiple 1 years domain names

Almost all registrar interfaces allow check availability on multiple
options in the ordering process. It is quite common for fraudsters to
select 3-6 domain names at a time and register them all for 1 year, thus
making us lose the equivalent of 6 years of selling price plus a hefty
$25 chargeback processing fee if that transaction is discovered to be
fraudulent after 5 days. And it is quite difficult (next to imposible)
to verify every transaction within a 5 day period.

The best way to alleviate this would be if the registry could charge a
minor fee (such as $1-$2) for deletion of a domain name, but refund the
entire amount if deletion is done within 60 days.

This works best for everyone - ie

* gaming of the system is not possible
* it is not TOO difficult to implement at the registry level
* it allows registrars to combat ALL KINDS of cc fraud

bhavin