[registrars]

[registrars] Some proposed by-laws provisions for discussion on Friday or the future

Here are some proposed by-law amendments ideas based upon the experience of
the last couple of days that we should be adding to our discussion.

Proposal 1:
There should be a quorum established for all registrar votes, i.e. unless a
certain amount of people vote the result will not be validated.

Proposal 2:
Any voting system employed should not allow any voting member access to the
results during voting.

Proposal 3:
The need for geographic diversity on the Executive Committee. The past
Executive Committee was entirely North American. I propose that a by-law
amendment be passed to allow for greater geographic diversity
representation. Specifically, at least three geographic regions be
represented in the four elected positions (Chair, Treasure, Secretariat,
CTO)

Proposal 4:
Constituency dues were originally imposed because the registrar constituency
had to pay its ICANN Names Council fees. In light of ICANN reform there is
no longer a requirement to pay this fee. The constituency currently has in
excess of $20,000 in account. After paying for the last Names Council fees,
all money should be returned to members in a pro-rated amount, and all
future membership should be based solely on being an ICANN accredited
registrar - period the end. Therefore our voting base goes from the 30's to
in excess of 160. Those members wishing to contribute money to advance
registrar interests should consider setting up a separate trade association.
Having the constituency have this excess money, or to use it to provide
other services may run afoul of ICANN non-profit status.

Proposal 5:
No company shall have individual/multiple representatives hold elected
seats. With 160 registrars there should be enough people to share the work
load. Diversity and delegation are good.