[registrars]

[registrars] Nameservers for .org

Dear Colleagues:

[Sent a second time, original not received by me in over an hour.]

I'm somewhat confused about nameservers for .org domains.

In the past, we created some nameservers from domains for which we were the
registrar of record.  This process is one which we know and
understand.  Our registrants could also specify nameservers already
recognized by Verisign.

It seems to me that our .org registrations which were transferred over to
PIR carried their nameservers with them.

If that is true, shouldn't we be able to create new .org domains in PIR
which use nameservers already in PIR by reason of their transfer to PIR?

To check on whether Verisign recognizes a nameserver, I go to this web
interface:

         http://www.verisign-grs.com/whois/

I then type in the nameserver name and select the radio button for nameservers:

[Original had a screenprint here, perhaps it was held up for moderation.]

Question:  Will the Verisign system still recognize .org
nameservers?  Certainly some of them must be in use for .com and/or .net
domains.

To reiterate my first question:  Can we use existing .org nameservers for
our new registrations?

New question:  Does PIR have a registry whois for nameservers such as the
above?

Regards, BobC

If something doesn't seem right, ask yourself whether you are a part of the
*solution* --  or a part of the *problem*;-}