[registrars]

[registrars] Revised motion to restrict registry participation in constituency

Folks,

The discussion this week has brought some good ideas forward. I've taken
the liberty and tried to merge the three different thoughts into one
motion - which had the result of making it longer, but also more precise
in focus.

If there are no strong counter-proposals by Monday @ noon EST, I will
forward this to the ExComm for balloting.

If there are counter-proposals, then we can play things by ear.

<motion>

Be it resolved that;

1.0 In keeping with the selective membership criteria of other GNSO
constituencies, the registrar constituency represents the interests of a

specific sector, specifically those of ICANN Accredited Registrars.

1.1 Therefore to avoid conflicts of interest, this typically excludes
entities whose primary relationship with ICANN is as a TLD Registry
Operator;

and that our by by-laws be amended to reflect this.

2.0 That any representative of any ICANN recognized gTLD Registry in the

possession of, or with access to, Registry Proprietary Information or
Registry Sensitive Information, as defined in the relevant
ICANN/Registry contract are ineligible to represent the constituency as
a whole, either as an elected member of the Executive Committee of the
constituency, or as an elected member on a council, task force, or other

GNSO or ICANN committee, working group or panel, for a period of one
year since the last receipt of such information;

and that our by-laws be amended to reflect this.

3.0 Each candidate for election or appointed to serve as a
representative
of the constituency in any fashion, including those mentioned in 2.0,
must declare potential conflicts of interest, including a declaration to

the effect that they have not been in posssession of any Registry
Proprietary or Sensitive Information during the 12 months prior to any
election.

3.1 Such declaration should be made prior to the commencement of the
election process and at regular 6 month interval post election.
Excepting that a declaration of any material change in the conflict of
interest should be made immediately, or as soon as is practicable, after

the material change has occurred.

3.2 Failure to complete any such declaration will be deemed sufficient
basis
for the constituency Executive Committee to invalidate the election or
appointment of the candidate;

and that our by-laws be amended to reflect this.

</motion>