[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Motion to Restrict Registry Participation in Constituency

-----Original Message-----
From: Elana Broitman
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 2:51 PM
To: 'Bruce Tonkin'; ross@tucows.com
Subject: RE: [registrars] Motion to Restrict Registry Participation in
Constituency

I would offer a modification to amend our bylaws in order to be consistent with ICANN policies and principles.  At the same time, in keeping with the selective membership criteria of other DNSO constituencies and to avoid conflicts of interest, the Registrar constituency represents the interests of a specific sector, specifically those of ICANN Accredited Registrars.  Therefore, the following amendment to section 4.1 should be considered:

3. A representative of a Registrar constituency member that is affiliated with an ICANN recognized gTLD registry, as affiliation is defined in the ICANN gTLD agreement, who is or has been in the possession of or with access to registry Proprietary Information (e.g., http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/name/registry-agmt-apph-06mar01.htm#A-3.1) or Registry Sensitive Information
(e.g., http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/name/registry-agmt-apph-06mar01.htm#A-3.2) in the 12 months prior to any term not be permitted to serve as an Elected Officer or GNSO Council representative for a period of 12 months since the last receipt of such information or being in a staff position who would receive such information in the normal course of business.

4. Each candidate for election to serve as an Elected Officer or GNSO Council representative must declare conflicts of interest, including a statement to the effect that they have not been in possession of any registry proprietary or sensitive information during the 12 months prior to any election.  Such declaration should be made prior to election and at regular 6 month interests post the election, except that a declaration of any change in the conflict of interest should be made outside such schedule.